When making the decision to sell your home, there will be questions that you need the answers to in order to make the best decision. I have compiled a list of the questions that I get asked most frequently to help you find the answers you are looking for.
- Should I take my home off the market and wait until spring to sell it? I hear this question a lot. The short answer is no. There is no specific time that is good or bad when you need to sell your home. The best time to sell your home is when you need to sell it. You will see the best results if your home has curb appeal, is in top condition, and is available and ready to show. Though seasons may make a difference in the amount of time your home is on the market, there are buyers or homes all year round.
- What are the key factors to look at when selling my home? When you make the decision to sell your home there are 2 key factors that will determine the amount of time it will take to sell. Price and condition. Pay close attention to the current market conditions in your area and price your home accordingly. Then, be sure that your home is "show ready". Step into a buyer's shoes for a moment and walk through your home as if you were buying it all over again. If you see defects, so will they. Be sure these are taken care of before you show it. You only get one first impression. Then, be sure your homes gets the exposure it deserves. With a good agent and a customized marketing plan, this should be no problem.
- Why isn't my house getting any showings? As I mentioned above, price and condition are the two key factors to pay close attention to. It could be that the market is saturated with homes and buyers have lots of inventory to choose from. It could also be that your home is priced higher than the market is allowing at the time or perhaps your home isn't appealing to buyers as they look through photos or drive by. Make sure your price is on point and competitive with the market, have photos that are clear and crisp showing the best features of the home, and maintain your curb appeal. If you are still not getting showings after this, it may be time to sit down with your agent and review the market conditions and your marketing plan.
- Why haven't I received any offers? Whenever I hear this I always go back and look at the number of showings that have taken place and the feedback that was received. This is the key to figuring out why homes that have been shown a lot have not sold yet. Sometimes it comes right down to price. If a home has showed dozens of times and there is not feedback that offers suggestions or changes, then price may be the issue. A review of the current market conditions and a meeting with your agent to review the feedback will help you figure out what changes need to take place.
- How do I get started? Choosing the right agent to represent you will depend on what sort of agent best meets your needs. There is not a one size fits all agent. Each one has different services and unique approaches to the market. If you would like to find out more about the home selling process and determine the market value of your home, fill in the contact form below.